Monday, March 11, 2013

Cars, Letter I



 9:30  Gathering – Puzzles
            -song –
The Wheels on the Bus
            -Who is here today -
            -calendar
            -Read Aloud – All Aboard
9:50  Literacy Activity – SEEL:  Sit on I (adapted)
Tape /I/ to a chair.  When the music stops the child with the /I/ tapes it on the wall.  Place a lower case i on another chair.  Do not eliminate chairs.  Play the music again. Have the child who sits on the chair with the letter bring the letter to the wall and tape it next to the big I.   Go to table and have children practice writing letter I on the white boards. Have the kids make an I with their bodies.
10:05  Math –Sort cars. Sort building blocks then build I's with the blocks
10:20  Break/Snack – Homeade Ice Cream, if I get my act together
10:40  Science/Social Studies – Magnetic Roads
On a large piece of poster board, draw a road. Tape large paper clips under transportation themed items. Give the children a magnet wand or other magnet.
Balance board over the backs of two chairs. Show the children how to move the magnet under the board to move the cars on the road! Note: This can also be done in your Sand and Water table if you have a clear bin in the table. The children would lay on the floor under the table and use the magnet wands to move metal cars, trucks, etc. that are in the bin.
11:05  Choosing Time
1.      Play red light green light
2.     Roll toy cars in paint and do tracks on the paper, show the different marks from the different size tires.
11:25  Clean up, Gather to sing and read until picked up

No comments:

Post a Comment