Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lesson Plan March 16

I didn't post my lesson plans the last two times I taught, but then I started thinking I should. I think it's good for everybody to see ideas of what's been done, and since I have it, I might as well post it. Bad news - when I did my last lesson plan I saved it over my January ones, so those are lost. :( So, this is my lesson plan from last Tuesday:

Daily Schedule – Preschool 2009-2010

Tuesday, March 16, 2009

9:30 Gathering – small blocks

9:40 Circle Time
-song – Little Red Wagon
-home/school poster
-Read Aloud – Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

9:50 Literacy Activity – “ob” – Bob‘s Job
- use Gak, in kitchen

Transition: 3 Speckled Frogs (If needed)
10:05 Math – Intro to money
- grab and count – pennies (two groups)
- count out 12 pennies for each child

10:20 Break/Snack –
- “buy” snacks, play outside

Transition – “Jump Up, Turn Around”
10:40 Science/Social Studies – What Costs Money
- Make a list, everybody gets at least one idea
- Show nickels, dimes, and quarters, let each child have one of each to practice with

Transition –
11:05 Choosing Time-
1. sort and count money (math exploration)
2. art – crayons and water color
3. magnets (science exploration)
4. grocery store – cans, bags, calculators, credit cards, aprons, pennies

11:25 Clean up, Gather to sing and read until picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment