Saturday, March 13, 2010

What I've Got for the Topics

I had intentions to be very helpful with preschool, but I've been off the map since October . . . sorry. I thought I'd let everyone know what I've got for the remaining topics this year. Also, I'll mention before I got started - if you're confused about who is teaching when, look at the sidebar.

Money - Since I'm doing Tuesday, you can carry on with what I've started. I don't have books for this.

Grocery Store - I have one little book, and ideas in my head.

Easter/Spring - When this topic was chosen, it was meant that you could choose which one you would like to do. It says service because we had decided we'd like the kids to do service a couple of times during the year, and this seemed like a good place. If you don't have any ideas we can talk about it. Don't really have much for Easter (a few books), but I have lots of books on Spring, and some curriculum.

Baby Animals - When we chose this topic, the idea was that baby animals are born in the spring, and kids love them. The idea was that you choose one particular animal to focus on for your week. Julie talked about taking the kids to a petting zoo kind of place at that time, so whoever has that topic should talk amongst themselves. As far as supplies goes, I've got a few books, mostly farm oriented.

Butterflies - I have a few books and a week lesson plan. I also have a butterfly garden thingy I'll start and then pass on.

Lady Bugs - I have a curriculum unit for this. It's for kindergarten, but can be adapted down.

Final Week - The last day was meant to be some type of celebration, so however you want to do it is fine. We have a few things we made at the beginning of the year that should be done again the last week so that we can compare - talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment