Saturday, May 1, 2010

Missing Items

I had noticed that a few things were missing from the tote last time I taught, so this time I decided to take a good look as I organized it so that I could send a plea for the items' safe return. Here's what I found missing:

Magnifying glasses: There are only 7. I put 8 in there at the beginning of the year. There were 8 when I taught in January, but when I helped at the end of the month there were only 7. So it's been missing since then.

White boards: There are only 6. There were 8 when I taught in January, but then when I helped at the end of the month there were only 7. When I got the tote on Tuesday, there were only 6. They're getting picked off one by one . . . :)

Pencil boxes: There were 7 at the beginning of the year, now only 6. Ironically, this means the pencils are the ones without a home. I have no idea when this occurred.

Scissors: There were 7 pair in the beginning, now there are only 6. Once again, don't know when this happened.

Wet erase markers (aka Vis a Vis or transparency markers): I put another one in each time I taught for the first 3 times, but they each disappeared by the time I got the tote again. Just so you know, those were for the home/school poster. I don't expect to see them again, but I thought you would want to know why they were ever there. Wet erase markers write on laminate, but don't erase until you wipe it clean with a wet cloth. And then they leave no trace. Dry erase markers will never fully leave the laminate, as you have probably noticed.

Dry erase markers: I assume they died and were tossed. Correct? To be expected, just thought I'd mention it in case some good ones got left behind at houses.

Paint: There were 12 large paint containers, now there are 11. Did one color get used up, or is it floating around somewhere?

So, there you have it, the inventory. My biggest concerns are the white boards and the magnifying glass. Please look around, keep your eyes peeled, etc., for these things. If you know of their certain demise, just go ahead and replace them. Don't worry, we all understand - I am the mother of Mr. Destruction himself.

Thanks SO MUCH for all you do! I had planned on putting an inventory list in the tote in the beginning, but was never able to. Thanks for keeping everything that is still there together!

No comments:

Post a Comment