I haven't had a computer since January, so I'm overdue on posting lesson plans. At this point they are for use in a couple of years . . . I have Gary's work computer at the moment, so here's this week.
Tuesday
Gathering: Soft blocks
Song: I'm A Little Seed (Tune: I'm a Little Teapot)
I'm a little seed in the dark, dark, ground,
Out comes the sun, yellow and round.
Down comes the rain, wet and slow,
Out comes the flower, grow, grow, grow!
(Source: Step by Step Childcare)
Book: The Tiny Seed, by Eric Carle
Literacy: Stop Cop (from SEEL)
Math: Pin People (from Growing With Mathematics)
Snack/Break: Popcorn (to go with 'op')
Science:
Do plant parts puzzle, discuss use of roots, stem, leaves, and flower.
Get out produce, talk about how we eat different parts of the plant.
Roots: carrots, potatoes
Stem: Celery
Leaves: Lettuce, Spinach
Flowers: Broccoli
Seeds: Peas, beans (note: they loved the peas, gobbled them right out of my hands. For the rest of them they'd say, "I hate eating stems!")
Everyone plants a wildflower.
Choosing Time:
1.Seed observation - Set out various seeds, magnifying glasses, paper, pencils, plastic hammers (to smash seeds to see what's inside), and glue. Model observation, tell kids they can record their findings by drawing about them or gluing on their seeds.
2.Flower painting - Use the bottoms of soda bottles to stamp flowers, the caps to stamp the middles. Provide paint brushes to paint stems, leaves, other creative things.
3. White boards and letter stencils
4. put out plant puzzle in case anyone wants to revisit it individually
5. put out pin people in case anyone wants to revisiti it individiually
Thursday:
Gathering: Soft blocks
Song: I'm a Little Seed
Book: Grow Flower, Grow, by Lisa Bruce
Literacy: Pop Shop (From SEEL)
Math: How Many are Under? (from Growing with Mathematics)
Snack/Break: Apple slices, discuss where seeds are, where flower was, etc.
Science: Provide real plants and a plant-part classification paper. (We'll be using violets from Wal-Mart) Read the paper to the children, leaving out the plant parts, and see if they can identify them. Them give them each a plant, and have them locate the root, stem, leaves, flower, and seeds. Glue them on the paper with tacky glue.
Choosing Time:
Same as Tuesday, only substituting today's math game.
No comments:
Post a Comment