For those that will be using the turkey trunk, I got it this evening and split it in two. The contents are as follows.
Real Items:
turkey feathers
turkey egg
turkey feet
turkey-call making devices
posters, books, and videos . . . I will fix this post when I find out more about them
Role-Play items:
Big turkey puppet
Little turkey puppet with turkey sounds
gun and hats
"turkey facts with feathers"
fake turkey food
a turkey band
11 other items to carry out an activity called "Dressing a turkey" that involves using common items to represent characteristics of a turkey. It actually looks pretty fun, although for very young children (ours), it would probably good to also have pictures of the actual characteristics so the kids can see what the items are supposed to be.
The large group has the real items this week, and the small group the role play items. We'll switch next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment