Saturday, November 27, 2010
Giving/Toy Factory week
FYI the idea behind the toy factory week was to let the kids make something simple for their siblings or parents. I thought it would be cool to talk about the Christmas Season, and how important it is to give, and not just recieve. I thought the kids might catch the spirit of giving early in the month and continue thinking about it for Christmas. It would be fun if they could make something simple, that was mostly their own creation, and not a set "turn out exactly like this" project, so they could use their imagination, and think of the person they are making it for, and what they might like. It would be fun maybe to make "a chain (countdown of some sort) till Christmas" this week also, for the kids to countdown when they get to give their gift. (Making it more exciting, and thought about) Feel free to go wherever you want with it, but I am sure there are a few books to go with it. I have a book called the Queen of Christmas if anyone wants to borrow it, and it talks about a girl who wants everything and makes a huge lists, and realizes in the end, that the list wasn't very important after all. Good Luck, have fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment