Yes, we did boats a month ago, but I was cleaning my room and found the lesson plan I wrote two years ago when I did boats. Turns out I did not remember perfectly what happened. Here are some things I did then that I didn't do this year:
- I read books where boats were the main point that I forgot about, such as "How I Became a Pirate," "On Noah's Ark," and "Dinosailors."
- For math I made up a boat race game. I got a few small boats and made a simple game board. The game board had two tracks of ten squares. Each child picked a boat and a track, then rolled a dice to see how many spaces they would advance their boat. I probably fixed a die so it didn't have more dots than 3 on it. The kids enjoyed playing, so I also set it out for choosing time.
- For snack I made celery boats
- During choosing time I set out a large box for the kids to use as their boat for dramatic play.
No comments:
Post a Comment