Gathering:
Day 1 - look at Thanksgiving books
Day 2 -
Song: (While telling story of first Thanksgiving)
Five Little Pilgrims - sung to the tune of "Five Little Ducks"
Five little pilgrims sailing in a boat
(hold up five fingers)
Over the sea and water they float
(make wave motions with hands)
One little pilgrim said, "Land I see!"
(hold up one finger, then hold other hand above eyes as if searching)
They came to America to be free
(fold hands and bow head as if to pray).
(hold up five fingers)
Over the sea and water they float
(make wave motions with hands)
One little pilgrim said, "Land I see!"
(hold up one finger, then hold other hand above eyes as if searching)
They came to America to be free
(fold hands and bow head as if to pray).
Five Little Pilgrims
Five little Pilgrims on Thanksgiving Day.The first one said, "I'll have cake if I may."
The second one said, "I'll have turkey roasted."
The third one said, "I'll have chestnuts toasted."
The fourth one said, "I'll have pumpkin pie."
The fifth one said, "Oh, cranberries I spy."
But before they ate any turkey or dressing,
All of the Pilgrims said a Thanksgiving blessing.
~Submitted by Cindy
Read Aloud:
Day 1 - The Very First Thanksgiving
Day 2 -
Literacy:
Day 1 - Give the Gift, from SEEL
Day 2 - Gobble the G -
Math:
Day 1 - Introduce 9
Let all of the children practice writing the number 9 on the white boards. Give kids 9 unifix cubes each and have them put them on their fingers to explore how many nine is in relation to their fingers. If time - give kids pilgrims and indians paper. Have them practice all the different ways you can share 9 pieces of food between the two. (First do as whole-class, then let kids practice.)
Day 2 -
Break:
Science/Social Studies:
Day 1 -
Read another story of the first Thanksgiving, and have kids act it out while I narrate the story.
Day 2 -
Choosing Time:
1. Provide 9 and Gg papers - have kids dot over them with bingo markers to get used to the shapes
2. Begin making pilgrim and indian papers - provide basic shapes the kids glue on to make the faces, and then write down what the kids say they know about them
3. Native American sensory bin - find the 9 feathers in the grain bin
4. Look at Thanksgiving books
No comments:
Post a Comment