When I post ideas for things, everyone will see them, and that's on purpose. First of all, I want to collect the ideas in one place, and also, if you'd like to reinforce things at home after preschool, you have lots of ideas! As always, anyone can feel free to chime in their own two cents.
On the first week instead of putting a letter, I put, "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom." I thought it would be a fun introduction to the alphabet for the year. I have a big book copy, several little copies, and even a tape of Ray Charles reading it. My ideas, without thinking about it much further, were to read the book and have the children make their own coconut trees with letters going up it. They should use letters in their names for kids who don't know them/are just learning them, and for kids who know the letters already they could spell something simple (like Mom, Dad, Spiderman, etc.). Jessica brought me a bunch of cute letters she got over the summer, so I don't know if this is a good use for them, but you could look. Letter stickers, magazine cut-outs, etc., work as well.
My basic idea was just "fun introduction," so I googled to find more ideas. Holy cow, there are many! Here are some of my favorites. If you want to borrow any of the resources I have mentioned, please ask, and if both groups want to use something, we'll share. So the ideas -
Lots of fun ideas for hands-on, plus links to other sites:
http://www.mrsnelsonsclass.com/teacherresources/storylessons/chickachicka.aspx
Ideas for a week-long unit, plus printables and an interactive chart (review!):
http://www.hubbardscupboard.org/chicka_chicka_boom_boom.html
Love the bulletin board idea, plus the best gem ever (dare you to try the green sweatsuit idea):
http://teachers.net/lessons/posts/523.html
No comments:
Post a Comment