I just got emails back from the places we're getting resource boxes from, and they said yes to all of my dates! Woo-hoo! So, the topic schedule works like I have it. The topics there are boxes for are: rocks, bats, turkeys, animals in winter, and foxes-wolves-coyotes (that's one box, but we just get it for two weeks).
I also have lesson plans for shadows, boats, and flowers. The rest of it is ideas in my head. You are more than welcome to use the ideas in your own head. Or some of mine and some of yours. Or your mom's. I'll be letting you know what I was thinking for each thing as the time comes. Or now if you want to, just call or come over. The main thing is I want you to feel supported and have FUN, not feel like I thought up all of this junk and then fed you to the wolves. Speaking of wolves, that gives me another idea for resources . . .
I'd say the key is to get the daily lesson plan, and plug in the easy things first. Pick an activity from the SEEL website, pick something from the math book, pick a book to read and song to sing . . . then start thinking about science/ social studies. The time isn't long and kids need things simple, with time to explore. So stuff will last. Have tons of ideas, too many to fit? Maybe some of them could be put during centers (choosing time for the kid-lingo) or math instead of a book activity. If you feel comfortable and great, then awesome. However, if you don't, we can do it together. My degree isn't making me any money, so it might as well go to some use if people need it. (Nobody make a smart remark about rotating my teaching license in the supply tote. Because I already did. :) )
No comments:
Post a Comment