Monday, October 29, 2012
Lesson Plan 10/30 T, 6, Rubber Bands
It's a weird combination of T (trick or treat yay) and rubber bands. wahoo!
9:30 Gathering – Mega Blocks
9:40 Circle Time
days of the week.
Song: Knock, knock, trick or treat
Knock knock,
trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a ghost. I'm a little ghost.
Knock knock, trick or treat?
Who are you?
I'm a ghost. I'm a little ghost.
Literacy:
T: SEEL activity "T Tour" that involves the kids forming a train, following a trail around the trees and to a tent. We will trick or treat at each spot and get pictures of "T" words.
10:05 Math – number 6 --use pegboards and rubber bands. Have the kids take turn rolling a die, that's how many pegs or rubber bands they get to put on their board.
10:20 Break/Snack – probably popcorn and I'll turn on some dancing music.
10:40 Science/Social Studies – Learn about rubber bands. Give each kid a rubber band. Have them pull on it. Give them a second rubber band and have them notice that it is harder to pull two. Also, put the rubber band in a clear bowl of water. Then add a tiny shaving of soap to the center of the rubber band and watch the band pull into a nearly perfect circle. (it works, really!) You can use this same principle to make rubber band boats. Cut the band and put it in the water. It will make a "U" shape. Put in a soap shaving and the band moves across the water. Let the kids experiment with different kinds of rubber bands and see which ones are fastest, slowest, etc. See this pdf file for some other fun things about rubber bands I never knew. Some can be adapted for preschool, others might be better for middle school science projects.
11:05 Choosing Time peg boards, make rubber band guitars, or do rubber band painting.
11:25 Clean up,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment