I had way more ideas than plans today but we still had a lot of fun.
Welcome, who is here today, calendar, etc.
Story: King Arthur and the Black Knight
Then we had the girls decorate princes crowns and the boys decorated shields for use on Thursday. This took WAY longer than I expected. The kids were VERY particular about how they wanted their things to look. After about 40 minutes, I just said ok, it's snack time.
Snack: Sugar cookies with frosting. I know, not healthy in the slightest. Sorry parents. While they were eating, I told the story of the Gingerbread Man.
Then the kids wanted to do our number activity. I had some papers with crowns on them and the kids got to flip a checker (instead of a coin...) and put jewels on their crowns, 1 for heads, 2 for tails, until they got up to 10. Count to 10 by 5's and by 2's.
Literacy activity: king starts with K. I was going to do king's kite off of seel but we ended up just practicing writing the letter K, since the kids had already started drawing on the backs of their papers from the previous activity. K is a really really hard letter to write but every kid there eventually got it.
I told the story of the elves and the shoemaker and had the kids doing lacing cards at the same time.
Choosing time: swordfight with pool noodles and shields, and the girls finally got their wish: they could get out their barbies. I also left out the lacing cards and other activities that we had done.
Other ideas that I could have/would have/ should have done, aka why I couldn't make up my mind:
Red Riding Hood 5 senses (what big EARS you have!),
Goldilocks and the 3 bears and opposites (big/little, hot/cold, and of course, "just right")
Jack and Jill with water play: sink/float, water table, measuring cups, you could get a lot of mileage out of this one.
Elves and the shoemaker combined with some of Emily's ideas regarding shoes.
Cinderella: which shoes did Cinderella wear to the ball? Have out lots of crazy shoes, pull one shoe out and mix them up, have the kids figure out which shoe is missing its match.
Billy Goats Gruff and ordering: big, bigger, biggest, small, smaller, smallest, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment