Monday, September 20, 2010

Lesson Plan - Dirt

Here is some of the ideas that I borrowed from various places for the week.

Literacy: Do as I'm Doing (Dig, Dive, Dance) play cherades with words the kids think of that start with D

Math: Count the "D"inosaurs. Take away, add to the pile, add two groups together etc. Write down the answers on paper (do this at the table)

Snack: Let them make a dirt, mud, worm snack with crushed up cookies, pudding of some sort and gummy worms (might possible cut out our own gummy worms from fruit leather..)

Science: Make Our own Dirt - talk about how dirt is made , Make our own fossils, and let them dry

Choosing time: Let them play with this cool thing called Aqua Sand- (can get it at walmart).
Possible Mud finger painting/sculpting

http://stepbystepcc.com/dirt.html-more ideas and info found here..

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Sounds like a ton of fun . . . and I like the website, too. I'm going to look and see what else they have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Note to self: Earthworms would be a fantastic unit to teach after dirt.

    ReplyDelete