9:30 Gathering – Make Bat Babies, Need to figure out what materials needed
9:40 Circle Time
-song - Bats Are Sleeping
(Tune: Frere Jacques)
(Tune: Frere Jacques)
Bats are sleeping,
Bats are sleeping,
Upside down,
Upside down.
Sleeping in the morning.
Waiting for the night to come.
To fly around.
To fly around.
Bats are sleeping,
Upside down,
Upside down.
Sleeping in the morning.
Waiting for the night to come.
To fly around.
To fly around.
-home/school poster
-what day is today on calendar
-Read Aloud – Bat Baby-Read to make sure its appropriate
9:50 Science/Social Studies – Bat Cave
Have a Sign for Night and Day, Explain how mothers find their bat babies
Go and hide them in the bat cave and see if they can find them
10:05 Literacy Activity – Iggy Iguana’s Icky Hunt
10:20 Break/Snack – Bat Chips and gummy worms
Transition: Movement
Recite the following rhyme together with children and make movements together.
Recite the following rhyme together with children and make movements together.
Flap, flap, flap little bats,
Flap, flap, flap little bats,
Flap, flap, flap little bats,
Early in the evening.
Flap, flap, flap little bats,
Flap, flap, flap little bats,
Early in the evening.
Additional Verses:
Clap, clap, clap little bats,
Dance, dance, dance little bats,
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle little bats,
Soar, soar, soar little bats,
Clap, clap, clap little bats,
Dance, dance, dance little bats,
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle little bats,
Soar, soar, soar little bats,
Sleep, sleep, sleep little bats,
Early in the morning.
Early in the morning.
(Have children pretend to sleep)
10:40 Math – Sugar Cube Grab –Page 2-9
11:05 Choosing Time
1. Bat Maze
2. Bat Cave
- Make an insect Habitat for your insects
- Read bat books
11:25 Clean up, Gather to sing and read until picked up
Daily Schedule – Thursday October 13
9:30 Gathering –I spy in the yard
9:40 Circle Time
-song –
"A Big Green Iguana"
(tune of "If you're happy and you know it")
Oh, I wish I was a big green iguana.
Oh, I wish I was a big green iguana .
Oh I'd itch and I'd scratch,
And I'd find a leafy patch.
Oh, I wish I was a big green iguana.
Oh, I wish I was a big green iguana .
Oh I'd itch and I'd scratch,
And I'd find a leafy patch.
Oh, I wish I was a big green iguana.
-home/school poster
-what day is today on calendar
-Read Aloud –
9:50 Literacy Activity –Inside the igloo
10:05 Math – Roll and Build Page 2-16
10:20 Break/Snack –icky inchworms and
10:40 Science/Social Studies – Ice melting activity
Sticky Ice
Submitted by Fran
Put a piece of ice in a bowl of water (should float on the top) give your children a string and have them try to pick up the ice. They will not be able to do this. Then have them lay the string gently across the ice and put salt over the ice cube. Slowly count to 10 and presto the ice will stick to the string.
Quick Melt
Submitted by Nancy
Fill several containers with water and freeze them. Take them outside and put winter salt on some and not on the others. Ask your children which one they think will melt first. For added fun add food coloring on the top of each. The one with winter salt will melt away into a neat pattern.
Pour hot water over ice.
11:05 Choosing Time
1. Make in igloo
2. Roll and Build
3. Play with Ice
4. Go in the igloo and pretend to be eskimos
11:25 Clean up, Gather to sing and read until picked up
No comments:
Post a Comment