Circle Time
-song -This is the way we…pound our nails, saw our wood, turn the screw, drill a hole, stack the bricks, paint the walls, stir the paint
-home/school poster
-what day is today on calendar
-Read Aloud – Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site
9:50 Literacy Activity – Rhyme Time, “Sit on It”
10:05 Math – Measurement. We took Yard sticks, measuring tapes, scales, and rulers and measured the crap out of everything.
I took string and cut it into different lengths, and have them go and finds something that was the same size. We measured their heads and then they found things that were the same length as their head circumference. I would give them a number on their ruler and have them go and find something that long.
10:20 Break/Snack – Build a bridge with pretzels.
10:40 Science/Social Studies – Construction Tools. I pulled out every tool I have, and I have A LOT because my husband is a construction worker. We talked about their names, what they do, etc.
11:05 Choosing Time
- Have play tools that they can play with
- Continue the measuring game.
- Sit on It continuation
- Book Corner
Day 2-We went to Home Depot and made on of their little kits. The kids got to take a tour of the whole store and then they put together their own tool box, using a hammer and everything. Then they got to paint it. So much FUN!
No comments:
Post a Comment